I don’t know about you, but by August I’m ready to climb into the freezer- and don’t get me started on turning on the oven to make dinner! If it doesn’t come off the grill, out of the garden, or from the fridge then it’s not making it to our table this time of year.
I also want a healthy option for snacks that doesn’t take a ton of time to pull together- that’s why I love these easy (as in 20 minutes or less) yogurt pops.
Regular store bought pops are loaded with processed sugar, food coloring, and lack any nutritional value. These wonderful beauties have none of that processed stuff and all of the happy nutrients that keep your mood balanced and blood sugar level.
For a bonus- see if you can grab the strawberries from the garden or farmers market and try making your own yogurt (it’s ok if that seems extra- you’re ok to swing by the Walmart if that’s all you have the brain space for today).
I can’t wait to hear how it goes!!
Strawberry Mango Yogurt Pops
- 1 Popsicle mold
- 1 Blender or food processor
- 3 cups strawberries fresh, hulled, and chopped
- 3 cups mango fresh, cubed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt vanilla flavor
- Purée strawberries in a blender or food processor with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Set aside.
- Purée mango in a blender or food processor with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Line up popsicle molds standing upright.
- Using the following measurements to layer ingredients: 2 teaspoons strawberry purée 1 teaspoon yogurt 2 teaspoons mango purée
- Layer until popsicle mold is full. Run a dull knife up and down the sides to create a swirled pattern. Tap mold to release any air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
This recipe is adapted from the Living Plate Meal Planner.