In honor of World Vegan Day (November 1st) here are some plant-based proteins:
You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy plant-based proteins! The benefits of including proteins from plants into your diet are many- gut health, hormone balance, and radiant skin are just a few.
Find a balance that works for you- after all, you are the expert in you. Try swapping out one or two meals a week for a plant based protein option and notice how it feels- keep in mind that there may be certain seasons or times of your menstrual cycle where it may feel better to eat meats and others where it feels better to swap for plants.
Give some of the plant based proteins a try or check out the recipe below….
Check out this video for Tofu Scramble.
Tofu Scramble with Vegan Feta and Spinach
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium bell pepper red, diced
- 6 oz spinach frozen, defrosted and chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder ground
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tsp black pepper ground optional
- 14 oz tofu extra-firm, crumbled
- 1/3 cups feta cheese vegan, crumbled
- Add onions and bell peppers to a preheated pan over medium heat and water sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add crumbled tofu to the pan and stir well.
- Add all spices and mix well to incorporate thoroughly. ✔️ Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add in spinach and mix well.
- Add in the non-dairy feta cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately.